About Me

My photo
Everywhere and Nowhere, Texas, United States
Where to begin... I would describe myself as determined, loyal, creative, and a New York Yankee fan. When I'm your friend, I'm your friend through good and bad and when I love I love with every fiber of my being. I have been blessed with an amazing daughter, Katrina. She is the reason I have been able to face the darkness and come out the other side. 2007 was a very hard year for me. I went through a tough divorce and was forced to have several surgeries and with the surgeries lost the ability to have carry a child. I survived it all and am now stronger for it. Hopefully years from now I will look back on all I survived and realize that I am a better person for having to rebuild my life. I am now able to truly appreciate love and I have been able to rebuild my relationship with God. I am also a firm believer in karma, so years from now I can't wait to see how things unfold. I just earned my Associates Degree in Liberal Arts from Hill College and will transfer to TSU in the Fall of 2010 to earn my teaching degree and a double major in English. This accomplishment would not have been possible without my amazing support system. I love you my family and friends beyond words!

Followers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Broken but not Broke... Pieces of Dawn Poetry

Broken but Not Broke

You promised to always love me and be by my side

Now you have broken all your promises and no longer stand by me

Why could I not see that we were not meant to be?

You walked out without an explanation and only blame.

You left me broken and full of shame.

You said I was not a good wife,

And you put all of the unhappiness in your life on me.

I thought I would never be able to go on

And now I am so strong.

You left me shattered, and feeling worthless

That was then and this is now,

I have since learned that I have a purpose.

At the time I could not see past my shame.

I could not see you weren't meant for me.

I do not regret all we shared but will never forget all of the pain.

I believe you were put in my life to give me my daughter

I was unable to give birth to a child of my own, God must have known.

I thank you for Katrina's love.

She is gift from up above.

A year has past and I have survived

I managed to pick up all the pieces and maintain my pride.

You did not break me.

It is now that I see… We were not meant to be.

By, Dawn Perrone / October 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment