About Me

My photo
Everywhere and Nowhere, Texas, United States
Where to begin... I would describe myself as determined, loyal, creative, and a New York Yankee fan. When I'm your friend, I'm your friend through good and bad and when I love I love with every fiber of my being. I have been blessed with an amazing daughter, Katrina. She is the reason I have been able to face the darkness and come out the other side. 2007 was a very hard year for me. I went through a tough divorce and was forced to have several surgeries and with the surgeries lost the ability to have carry a child. I survived it all and am now stronger for it. Hopefully years from now I will look back on all I survived and realize that I am a better person for having to rebuild my life. I am now able to truly appreciate love and I have been able to rebuild my relationship with God. I am also a firm believer in karma, so years from now I can't wait to see how things unfold. I just earned my Associates Degree in Liberal Arts from Hill College and will transfer to TSU in the Fall of 2010 to earn my teaching degree and a double major in English. This accomplishment would not have been possible without my amazing support system. I love you my family and friends beyond words!

Followers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I've Learned... Pieces of Dawn Poetry

I’ve Learned

I am afraid more than I care to admit,

I feel insecure and often feel like I am breaking.

I find it hard to give in and submit,

I habitually feel forsaken.


Even among all of these feelings,

I know that I am here for a reason.

I have learned to appreciate all of my blessings,

This is my time to capture the season.


I have learned to get up and start anew,

Just as the Phoenix rises from its ashes

In order to succeed I often remind myself of my virtue.


I am learning to feel brave more often than afraid,

Through confidence I am repairing the breaks;

I will not yield and refuse to be frayed,

I have learned that God does not make mistakes.


By, Dawn M. Perrone

May 25th, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment