About Me

My photo
Everywhere and Nowhere, Texas, United States
Where to begin... I would describe myself as determined, loyal, creative, and a New York Yankee fan. When I'm your friend, I'm your friend through good and bad and when I love I love with every fiber of my being. I have been blessed with an amazing daughter, Katrina. She is the reason I have been able to face the darkness and come out the other side. 2007 was a very hard year for me. I went through a tough divorce and was forced to have several surgeries and with the surgeries lost the ability to have carry a child. I survived it all and am now stronger for it. Hopefully years from now I will look back on all I survived and realize that I am a better person for having to rebuild my life. I am now able to truly appreciate love and I have been able to rebuild my relationship with God. I am also a firm believer in karma, so years from now I can't wait to see how things unfold. I just earned my Associates Degree in Liberal Arts from Hill College and will transfer to TSU in the Fall of 2010 to earn my teaching degree and a double major in English. This accomplishment would not have been possible without my amazing support system. I love you my family and friends beyond words!

Followers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Comes the Dawn

I did not write this poem, but it was given to me by my
amazing cousin Jenn when I needed it several years ago.
Thank you Jenn, I love you!

Comes the Dawn

After a while you learn the subtle difference

Between holding a hand and sharing a life

And you learn that love doesn’t mean possession

And company doesn’t mean security

And loneliness is universal

And you learn kisses aren’t contracts

And presents aren’t promises

And you begin to accept your defeats

With your head up and your eyes open

With the grace of a woman

Not the grief of a child

And you learn to build your hope on today

As the future has a way of falling apart in mid-flight

Because tomorrow’s ground can be too uncertain for plans

Yet each step taken in a new direction creates a path

Toward the promise of a brighter dawn

And you learn that even sunshine burns

If you get too much

So plant your own garden

And nourish your own soul

Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers

And you learn that love, true love

Always has joys and sorrows

Seems ever present, yet is never quite the same

Becoming more than love and less than love

So difficult to define

And you learn that through it all you really can endure

That you really are strong

That you really do have value

And you learn and grow

With every goodbye

You learn

No comments:

Post a Comment